Forum

Notifications

Unknowns for now  

RSS

Tom
(@tom)
06/01/2020 4:44 pm  

Also have a "Pico Perch", 2 1/4", Black w/white spots, 'Swimmin Minnow" pressed into the lower left belly just above center line.  The right side has a bulge, the left is as a normal Pico or variants, Silver Iris, black pupil, a floater it floats at about 45 degrees to the right.  In a bowl of water it will float on its left, but the slightest disturbance it'll roll to the right and remain....ingenious IMHO.  The belly hardware is the standard South Bend single piece, or seems so to me.

The pics have a number of lures I haven't found in a long time searching, five lure books and thousands of on line picture searches.  If you have a touch screen you can enlarge the pics.  Mine is....didn't even know it until last week. Quite handy.

Am open to suggestions and questions.  I'm not a serious collector, just pick up ones at garage sales that catch my eye.  I've a work in progress of a catalog of what I have that might be useful to some.  Data on various lures/companies I've chanced upon.  Some may be copyrighted ?  But I think I'm safe sharing it as I'm not getting any money for the info.  Anyone have any advice on that please let me know ASAP. 

Tom
(@tom)
19/01/2020 9:29 pm  

ReplyQuote
 Tom
(@tom)
20/01/2020 12:47 pm  

Picture

ReplyQuote
 Tom
(@tom)
02/02/2020 2:25 pm  

102 Views to my post and no-one has any idea to the identity of the lures I've posted pictures of?

Maybe I'm not looking in the correct location.  This web page has confused me before.

ReplyQuote
(@jschottenham)
Active Contributor Active NFLCC Member
17/02/2020 6:24 pm  

Tom,

It would help us help you if you had a clear photo of the lure(s) in question - hard to tell when on stands at the angle you have them.

ReplyQuote
 Tom
(@tom)
17/02/2020 8:00 pm  

Thanks Jim,

I will try and make better cell phone pictures.

In the mean time you might see if your monitor is new enough to have touch screen.  Which means you can pick a spot with your thumb and forefinger and spread them resulting in the picture zooming.

I just learned that a couple of months ago, by accident.  Now I are komputer literate.

ReplyQuote
 Tom
(@tom)
21/02/2020 6:06 pm  

Picked up a new old tackle box.  Spent the last two days trying to identify what I have on my hands.  Some goodins and some "users in rough country".  Went through the three books I have and spent an hour or so on line.

One has my attention, someone might know of it.  It generally looks like a Devils Horse or Smithwick, but has two sharp pointed spinners/props, both mounted on the rear of the lure.

No responses to a previous post of mine with attachments of other's I have yet to identify.  Someone suggested I take a picture, I did with my cell phone, but they wanted a pro picture and apparently did not have a touch screen monitor to expand the pictures on the attachment.  I know a photographer who is looking for a cheap used camera with a Macro lens.

ReplyQuote
 Tom
(@tom)
22/02/2020 7:12 pm  

...deeper in that tackle box I ran across a Brown 'flock' fur, Heddon Meadow Mouse that still has it's tail, both ears and eyes!!!! I know what two books, newest printed in 2005,  say this is worth but wonder what they would sell for now.

ReplyQuote
(@jschottenham)
Active Contributor Active NFLCC Member
24/02/2020 9:42 pm  
Posted by: @tom

Someone suggested I take a picture, I did with my cell phone, but they wanted a pro picture and apparently did not have a touch screen monitor to expand the pictures on the attachment.  I know a photographer who is looking for a cheap used camera with a Macro lens.

Not sure where you see a request for a "Pro Picture", but I did suggest you provide a clear picture of the lure(s) you'd like help with - not a distant group shot such as the one you posted. A touch screen isn't the answer, and you don't need to use a Macro lens either. Use the books you have to get an idea of the type of photos they provide and mimic them.

You'll need a photo of your twin prop bait (A Devils horse is a Smithwick bait) if we are to help with that too. As for the flocked Heddon mouse, there are quite a few sold items that you can search ebay for and get the information you requested.

ReplyQuote
 Tom
(@tom)
25/02/2020 9:21 am  

Jim,

Thanks for the reply and suggestion.

Actually on the suggestion of a pro photographer acquaintance I tried doing a close up with a smart phone and it worked !

Now to transfer them to my computer and attach them to another request.

wonder if there is a maximum one can attach in the event I decide to sell my entire collection.

Got a reply from someone on ebay or Facebook overnight regarding a lure he had posted.  He had no idea what he had as he posted it at the request of his father.  He did say that "none are moving".  So guess the market is soft at the moment.

Maybe something of interest.  I happened upon a Heddon Meadow Mouse in really good condition. 'Flocked'/Fur covering, ears, eyes & tail are attached.  Wonder what they go for, the books are always higher than what is on eBay.

Am thinking of trying Facebook as a means of selling lures.  It seems better than eBay. 

ReplyQuote
Share:
Close Menu