Rejoined and a ques...

Notifications
Clear all

Rejoined and a question about Magazines and Manufacturer's Catalogs

(@terrybattisti)
New Contributor Active NFLCC Member
Topic starter  

Hi All,

My name is Terry Battisti and I was a member from 2013 through 2016.  I just rejoined the club and am happy to be back.  I run an historical website on bass fishing (not sure I am allowed to plug it) and I collect old bass magazines, books and Manufacturer's catalogs.

My question to the experts is this.  Does anyone on here own, have access to or is willing to sell volumes of early bass fishing organization magazines such as Lunker Hole, Rooster Tails, American Bass, Western Bass/U.S. Bass, etc.  I use these magazines and newsletters for the website in order to document the history of the sport.  I have every issue of Bassmaster but the others are very hard to find.

I live in Oak Ridge, TN and am looking forward to the Pidgeon Forge meetup in January! I hope someone out there can guide me.  I've been in the industry and sport since 1974 but you're never too old to learn something new.

I wish you all the best and I look forward to interacting on the forum with you all.

Bass Wishes.

Terry Battisti

(@sschottenham)
Admin

Welcome back Terry, and yes, please share the link to your website!

ReplyQuote
(@terrybattisti)
New Contributor Active NFLCC Member
Topic starter  

Sandy, thank you for the warm welcome.  The website I own is called the Bass Fishing Archives (bass-archives.com).  I started the site back in 2012 and ran it until 2015 when life kind of took control and I had to take it down.  This past March, my life slowed down a bit and I have been able to get it back online.

I also have to mention I have had help from a few NFLCC members in the past, namely Bill Sonnett, Dan Basore and the late Clyde Drury.  Bill has again selflessly offered to continue to help with the site and I look forward to working with him again.

If you decide to go visit the site, please drop me a line here and let me know what you think.  I am 57 years old and have been in the industry since 1978.  My field of expertise, if you want to call it that, is the tournament angling side of bass fishing.  But I never claim to know everything and am constantly learning.  Where my background is foggy or non-existent is with old lures, rods/reels that predate the mid-1960s.

Anyway, enough of my drivel.  Thank you again for the warm welcome and I look forward to getting to know you all over the coming months/years.

Respectfully,

Terry Battisti, Bass Fishing Archives

ReplyQuote
Share: