Forum

Lure price guides

Notifications
Clear all

Lure price guides

(@rustyhook89)
New Contributor Active NFLCC Member
Topic starter  

Hello All !!!  New to the club and to lure collecting in general. Could you suggest a good price guide. Just trying to learn as much as I can. I planning on attending the show in Ft. Wayne...

(@jitterbug_jones)

Hi James, welcome!

I would get involved with some with some of the forums like Joe's old lures, Facebook groups and keep tabs on realized prices at auction as well. Langs is a great example.. There are many great member resources in the archives on this site as well. That said,, there is simply nothing better than attending a show. You will see and learn more in a day than you could ever imagine. For simply learning general information from a book, most anything from Lewis, Luckey, Murphy, Karl White and Kimball are all great and have their place. From there, you can get books written on specific companies or states. A few of my favorite titles are;

Old Fishing Lures & Tackle - Carl Luckey 

Huge range of company lures/history 

Fishing Lure Collectibles- Dudley Murphy 

Great for quick picture references 

Early Fishing Plugs of the USA - Art/Scott Kimball - A must have in my opinion!

Modern Fishing Lure series - Russell Lewis for post 1940 Also great quick picture references. 

I hope some that will help you find what you're looking for.. Just remember, prices listed in a book should be used for comparative reference and not for actual value of a specific plug. 

Dan

ReplyQuote
(@rustyhook89)
Topic starter  

@jitterbug_jones Thanks sooo much for the info. looking forward to Ft. Wayne !!!

ReplyQuote
(@im1cardfan)

Would the Ft Wayne show be a good place to ‘showcase’ maybe the oldest and rarest of ALL wooden fishing lures (-+6000 yrs old). Thought to be the 1st fishing technology known to mankind. 

ReplyQuote
Share: