Forum

Who collects folk a...

Notifications
Clear all

Who collects folk art lures? I do!  

(@cdunlap)
Active Contributor Active NFLCC Member
Topic starter  

I fell in love with fol kart lures back in 2010 when I found my first one at a flea market in Ohio. I never whipped out 10 bucks faster! Since I have collected, published several articles, started a blog, and networked with so many great collectors who share this passion!

(@jim_villwok)
New Contributor Active NFLCC Member

You forgot... LURE MAKER!   I own some of your work...      Chance you are a great thing for this club and one heck of a nice guy!   see you in Fort Worth my friend.          Jim Villwok   Rowlett Texas 

P.S.   this is my 1ST post on the new website...  

P.S.S>   I also collect any odd lures so that is fold art sometimes!  

ReplyQuote
(@dheuring)

I have over 700 Albert Ford (Branson, Mo.) Lures I will be taking to the Carthage,  Mo. Show. He hand carved each lure along with signing and dating each one. Original package. Some consider his lure folk art.

ReplyQuote
(@lwiley)

@dheuring

Darrell,  I just read your post and since you have so many Ford Albert lures maybe you can help me. I just received one today and it is not signed anywhere. Is there any of his lures that he might've missed signing?

20201217 174517
20201217 174509

ReplyQuote
(@dheuring)

Very few of his lures are unsigned, i have a handful that were made in the 70's and 80's. The lure you have was made in the 90's or 2000's. I have several of that same lure and they are signed and dated.

Thanks for the question, Lisa

ReplyQuote
(@littlebasstard1)

IMG 5024[1]

Hello. I joined on December 27, 2020. I started collecting vintage lures about three years ago and I have three lures that I believe are folk art. The first is a lure from L.C. Gregory of Alabama. I believe that the second lure may be from Albert Ford, although it does not have his name on the lure. Written on the left side is "Tourna Wood 8/12/92", and on the rights side is "Branson MO." I believe that the third lure is made from the top of a wooden cloths pin, and was inside an old tackle box I purchased at a Michigan antique store. Can any of you provide more information about these three lures?

ReplyQuote
Share: