Happening Now! The ...

Notifications
Clear all

Happening Now! The 2020 Virtual National  

RSS

(@webeditor)
Admin
07/08/2020 5:32 PM  

The NFLCC has made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 National Show and Meeting, which was scheduled for Springfield, IL. 

Instead, you are invited to attend our first "Virtual National"!

Although we can't replace the face-to-face comradery that comes with attending a show, we can still stay in touch, show off our collections, and trade tackle!  Starting Monday, July 13th, through Saturday, July 18th, we will host an online "virtual" National.  Just like the National, access will be limited to paid, active club members, however, participation is completely free. 

You must -LOG IN- as a paid, active member to be able to access the Virtual National under the Members Only section of the Forum. 

Online Displays

One of the features of the National Show is the many displays members have so carefully put together and hauled to the show location.  This year, you don’t have to pack up any display cases, but you have the opportunity to display as much of your collection as you wish and at no table cost.  Use our “Online Display” section to post photos and descriptions of a portion or all of your collection.  Share some of your historical knowledge or ask questions about others' collections.  You might even have a member contact you with an opportunity to acquire an item to fill a hole in your collection!  The post with the most "Likes" will receive the show's Online Display Award. 

Sales and Trading Forum

We all miss room trading and the showroom floor activity.  In 2020, we are introducing a virtual Sales Forum at no cost, no table rental fee!  This section of the Forum is dedicated to any club members wishing to participate in selling and trading tackle.  You will deal directly and virtually with the member via the Forum, phone, or email.  All transactions between our members that are initiated from our website are expected to adhere to the NFLCC Sales and Trading Guidelines.    

Instructions are posted in the "How to" section of the Members Only Forum.  As mentioned above, you must be logged in to be able to access that portion of our website.

Contact Us with any questions

This topic was modified 1 month ago 2 times by NFLCC Web Admin
This topic was modified 1 month ago by Sandy Schottenham
This topic was modified 4 weeks ago by NFLCC Web Admin

Topic Tags
(@webeditor)
Admin
07/09/2020 1:02 PM  

We'll post the answers to common questions here:

Q. Can anyone "attend"?

A. This virtual show is only open to paid, active NFLCC members.

Q. How do I contact another member about their display or their trading items?

A. Reply to their post right on the Forum, or look up their contact information in our new Online Membership Directory.

Q. How quickly can I join the club or renew my membership and get access to the Virtual National?

A. If you join or renew online, you will have immediate access once your payment is complete.  Go to our Join page.

Q. How are sales and trades handled?

A. All sales or trading transactions will be handled directly between the two members.  The NFLCC will not be brokering any transactions, however, any members that initiate transactions from our site are expected to adhere to the NFLCC Sales and Trading Guidelines

Q. Do I need a hosting service for my pictures?

A. No, you can upload your photos directly to our website.  It does take a few steps, so be sure to check out our "How To" section.  Feel free to use our Practice Site to try it out first.

Q. Will all the pictures disappear after the event is over?

A. The pictures and posts will stay online indefinitely.

Q. How can I make sure that my post will look the way I want it to?

A. Click the Preview button under your post before saving it.  You'll be able to confirm that your text is accurate and your pictures are where you want them to be. 

Preview

Q. Where is the link?

A. Once you log in, you'll see it under the Members Only section of our home page Forum.

Home page view

ReplyQuote
Share: